The giant stack of magazines by the corner of the couch was getting out of control. We were in danger of losing the cat in an avalanche, should it ever tip over. Austin designed and built a wood frame, and came up with the idea that it would be double sided.
Here are some before shots of the construction.
After he sanded and painted with a shiny poly-blah-blah, I pulled out some pieces of fabric to see what looked good together.
I found some faux leather and a bright orange cotton pattern, which was not quite long enough. (Had to improvise with some shiny burnt orange satin.)
After the extra length was sewed onto both ends, the two pieces were sewn together by folding over the outer f-leather toward the inside.
Once the sides were finished, I draped the fabric into the wooden rack to determine how large the attaching loops needed to be sewn.
I unscrewed one end of the top bars and slid the fabric into place.
I love the little round wood pieces that hide the screws.